Terms & Conditions
These are the Terms and Conditions for the use of the website of Tenancy Deposit Scheme Northern Ireland Limited (“TDS Northern Ireland” or “we”). By entering and using this website as a user (“User”) it is deemed acceptance of the terms and conditions shown below which take effect from the date when the User first uses this website.
1. We do not have any liability for any loss suffered by the User in using the website.
2. We accept no liability for any failure of the User to comply with these terms and conditions where the failure is due to circumstances outside of our reasonable control.
3. The User agrees to abide by the privacy conditions of TDS Northern Ireland shown on the website.
4. The validity of these terms and conditions will be affected and shall remain in force even if any part of the terms and conditions is held to be illegal invalid or unenforceable.
5. The waiving of any rights by TDS Northern Ireland under these terms on conditions on one occasion will not affect the validity of those rights or mean that the right will automatically be waived on any other occasion or circumstance.
6. If the User discriminates against any employee of TDS Northern Ireland or acts in an illegal or aggressive manner to any employee of TDS Northern Ireland then we reserve the right to terminate the right of the User to use the website with immediate effect.
1. Tenancy Deposit registrations fees are not normally refundable.
2. Requests for refunds will be considered on a case by case basis for Insured and Custodial Deposits protected.
3. Custodial payments can also be reclaimed by submitting either a Landlord or Tenant Request for Repayment proposal.
Computer Malfunction and Virus Protection
1. TDS Northern Ireland has no liability to any User for any defect failure or malfunction of the computer system and software package used by TDS Northern Ireland.
2. We cannot accept any responsibility for any loss, malfunction, disruption or damage to the computer system or any software data of the User.
3. While TDS Northern Ireland endeavours to check and test all the material used on the website the User must take any precautions deemed necessary to protect the User from viruses, other computer interference or coding which may damage the computer system of the User when accessing the website. It is recommended that a suitable anti-virus system is used for protection when down loading information from the internet.
Using the Website
1. The User agrees to use the website only for lawful purposes and will not act in a way which will restrict or prohibit the use and enjoyment of any third party. Such actions include but are not restricted to any conduct which is unlawful, harasses, distresses or inconveniences any other person; and the broadcasting of obscene or offensive material; or which may cause obstruction or interference with the website.
2. The User is forbidden not air, transmit, or post any unlawful, defamatory, obscene, inflammatory, abusive, hateful, or outrageous material on the website which could be considered to be a criminal or civil offence or any breach of the law or which may encourage others in such actions.
TDS Northern Ireland does not charge for the use of the website however, the User may be charged by a mobile network for access to the internet direct from the User’s mobile telephone. The User should check charges direct as they may vary according to the network.
TDS Northern Ireland reserves the right to vary the terms and conditions of the website from time to time and without prior notice. The User should check regularly as continuing use of the website constitutes acceptance of any variation.
This website, including all material, attachments and guidance notes, is the copyright of TDS Northern Ireland Limited.
1. All material presented on the website is provided without any warranty or representation either direct or indirect of its accuracy, fitness for purpose, quality, security, non-infringement of copyright or compatibility.
2. TDS Northern Ireland is not liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss, damage, expense, loss of profits or data arising from the use of in connection with the use of the website of TDS Northern Ireland.
3. All information transmitted to or from the website of TDS Northern Ireland cannot be guaranteed as totally secure. All transmissions are at the risk of the User.
4. The use of the website is not a substitute for independent professional advice. The User is urged to obtain advice relevant to their circumstances.
5. TDS Northern Ireland has no liability or responsibility for any third party material displayed on this website.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of Northern Ireland. In the event of a dispute arising under these Terms and Conditions the courts of Northern Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction.