Customer Service Advisor
Job title: Customer Service Advisor
Up to 1-year fixed term contract maternity cover
Full-time but will consider part-time candidates over 5 days a week
Accountable to: Head of TDS Northern Ireland
Salary: £18,500 per annum
• TDS Northern Ireland Customers
• TDS group staff
• General public
TDS Northern Ireland is the leading tenancy deposit protection scheme in Northern Ireland and is based in Belfast. We safeguard tenants’ deposits throughout the tenancy and offer a free dispute resolution service if there is disagreement about the return of the deposit when the tenancy ends. We are looking for a positive, flexible and hardworking person with exceptional customer skills to join our expanding team.
As part of the Operations team, you will be the first point of contact for answering customer enquiries about the service we provide.
You’ll need to be outstanding on the phone and in written communications and be able to get to grips quickly with the complexities of our business. You’ll be speaking to customers and recording the nature of their enquiry, so we have useful insight in to why our customers are contacting us. If you have a background of working in lettings industry or housing, even better but as a minimum you must have a solid customer service and administration background and not be afraid of hardwork!
Candidates are expected to have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, along with a demonstrable ability to be a competent computer user, including Word, Excel and Outlook. Experience of using a CRM database is also desirable.
No job description can cover every issue that might arise, and the post holder is expected to carry out other duties from time to time, broadly consistent with those listed below.
1. Delivering a first class service to landlords and tenants
- Provide a first class service to all service users and clients;
- Answer telephone calls and respond to emails within agreed timescales;
- Maintain other contact channels as instructed by the Head of TDS Northern Ireland;
- Keep records and notes to support the work of other TDS teams;
- Communicate with all departments to ensure joined up customer service;
- Carry out other related tasks required across the department, as instructed.
1. Job Knowledge
Must be able to demonstrate practical knowledge and experience of:
a) Providing excellent customer service;
b) Being a confident communicator;
c) Dealing with professionals in different aspects of our business;
d) Handling sensitive data;
e) Administration skills.
a) Must be able to present basic information clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
b) Must possess good interpersonal skills, communicating effectively in order to advise and inform colleagues, customers and other stakeholders.
c) Must be able to think ‘outside of the box’ to resolve customer queries.
a) Must be able to identify with the aims and objectives of the company.
b) A flexible attitude to work is essential.
c) Must demonstrate common sense and good judgement.
d) Experience of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
e) Must be able to handle different tasks simultaneously and prioritise a heavy workload.
f) Must have good problem solving and numeracy skills
g) Educated to A-Level or equivalent standard as a minimum.
4. Required behaviour and attitude
• be able to demonstrate a passion for excellent Customer Service;
• be hard working;
• be able to handle a range of different tasks simultaneously and prioritise a heavy workload;
• have a flexible attitude to work; willingness to do overtime in our busy periods of the year;
• be able to work unsupervised as well as within a team;
• be able to identify trends in customer feedback and make suggestions to improve customer journeys and experiences;
• demonstrate an affinity for customer excellence;
• recognise the importance of fairness in all of our work;
• demonstrate how they are making a difference in the work that they do;
• be able to articulate the importance of teamwork.
5. Equal Opportunities
Must be able to demonstrate a commitment to equal opportunities in relation to the work of TDS Northern Ireland.
- Hours of the role
9.00am-5.30pm Monday – Friday
If you'd like to apply please send your CV and covering letter setting out your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org