Customer Service Advisor (full-time)
|Accountable to:||Operations Manager|
|Salary:||£17,000 per annum|
TDS Northern Ireland is the leading tenancy deposit protection scheme in Northern Ireland and is based in Belfast.
We safeguard tenants’ deposits throughout the tenancy and offer a free dispute resolution service if there is disagreement about the return of the deposit when the tenancy ends. We are looking for a positive, flexible and hardworking person with exceptional customer skills to join our expanding team.
As part of the Operations team, you will be the first point of contact for answering customer enquiries about the service we provide. You’ll need to be outstanding on the phone and in written communications and be able to get to grips quickly with the complexities of our business. You’ll be speaking to customers and recording the nature of their enquiry so we have useful insight in to why our customers are contacting us.
If you have a background of working in housing, even better but as a minimum you must have a solid customer service and administration background and not be afraid of hard work!
Candidates are expected to have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, along with a demonstrable ability to be a competent computer user, including Word, Excel and Outlook. Experience of using a CRM database is also desirable.
No job description can cover every issue that might arise and the post holder is expected to carry out other duties from time to time, broadly consistent with those listed below.
Delivering a first class service to landlords and tenants:
- Provide a first class service to all service users and clients;
- Answer telephone calls and respond to emails within agreed timescales;
- Maintain other contact channels as instructed by the Operations Manager;
- Keep records and notes to support the work of other TDS teams;
- Communicate with all departments to ensure joined up customer service;
- Carry out other related tasks required across the department, as instructed.
1. Job Knowledge
Must be able to demonstrate practical knowledge and experience of:
- Providing excellent customer service;
- Being a confident communicator;
- Dealing with professionals in different aspects of our business;
- Handling sensitive data;
- Administration skills.
- Must be able to present basic information clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing;
- Must possess good interpersonal skills, communicating effectively in order to advise and inform colleagues, customers and other stakeholders.
- Must be able to identify with the aims and objectives of the company
- A flexible attitude to work is essential
- Must demonstrate common sense and good judgement
- Experience of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must be able to handle different tasks simultaneously and prioritise a heavy workload
- Must have good problem solving and numeracy skills
- Educated to A-Level or equivalent standard as a minimum
- Demonstrate behaviour types in accordance with The Dispute Service’s behaviour and attitude requirements (The 8 Cs):
- really care about our customers;
- are curious about the work we do;
- embrace change positively;
- always co-operate with colleagues;
- seek to cultivate success within your team;
- ensure you challenge the status quo;
- are committed to excellence in all that we do;
- help create a great place to work.
4. Equal Opportunities
Must be able to demonstrate a commitment to equal opportunities in relation to the work of TDS Northern Ireland.
Hours of the role
9:00am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday
How to apply
If you think you are suitable for the role, please send your CV and cover letter explaining your suitability for the role to:
Josanne Leon, Head of Human Resources